Thursday, September 29, 2005

Is anybody fooled yet?

Here in Georgia, the governor repealed the state tax on gas to give us hard working folks a break when we are filling up the tank. Well, the state tax goes back on in a few day at the end of September and they are already telling us to brace for a gas hike of about $.20 cents. They might have just as well left the tax on for the whole month, at least I wouldn't have to deal with the shock of having to pay $.20 more cents all at once.
The truth be known, is I haven't seen a reduction in gas prices since the hurricanes hit.
This winter they predict that heating oil might go up as much as %70. They predict that people will just have to pay it or turn down their thermostats. Well, they forgot about a third choice. Just can't afford it at all. I wonder if our elected officials will notice when we start finding old people freezing to death because they could afford heat. Or families dying from fires or smoke because they could afford heat and lit a fire in an unsafe fire place.
I grew up in the Midwest, and I know how cold it can get. We really need to find another way to fuel our cars and heat our houses.

1 Comments:

Blogger Todd said...

change all my coulds to couldn't. I need to learn to proof read

29/9/05 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home