Thursday, September 22, 2005

Who you staring at?

I'm getting fat. When I was out of work and collecting unemployment, I worked part-time at an Office Supply Store for a while. I was always on my feet. Walking here, lifting boxes etc. It really kept my weight down. But now I'm flying a desk. I'm a computer helpdesk guy. I'm like a fireman, but not as dangerous. I only need to move when someone's PC crashes. So I started putting on weight.
I started walking after work. I have a little 2 mile track that is easy rolling hills, not too hot and mostly in the shade. The weather her in Atlanta is starting to cool a little in the evening, if you can call 89 degrees cool.
I was walking last night and this creepy guy in a beat up 70's mini van turns into the apartment complex in front of me and he is just staring at me like he knows me. I'm like I don't know, just drive on.
I get a little ways down the road and I hear this honk from behind me. Its the same guy and he waves at me this time. I'm like, huh..I don't know you and I don't wave back.
As I walk further down the road, he must have done a U-turn somewhere over the hill, cuz now he is coming towards me. He slows down and really give me a hard stare. I have sun glasses on, so he can't see my eyes. I do my best to just ignore him.
I'm at the corner where I cross the street and head back. This fool has turned around again and made one last pass past me. Another hard stare, another just ignore him.
That was the last I saw him. The road that I walked on has a lot of traffic so I wasn't really worried. Its just gave me the creeps and I glad he finally decided to move on, because I really didn't want him to follow me all the way home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home