Saturday, April 11, 2009

Baseball Season and TV Programs


Baseball season is here and anybody that knows me, knows I love baseball. My team of choice is the Braves. The home opener was last night and I was there. It was great for about 4 innings and then the sky opened up. If you live in the Atlanta area and bad weather is on the way, all you have to do is turn your TV to WSB TV and Glen Burns will spend two hours showing you pixelated images of bad weather, possible tornado sitings, hail and thunderstorms. Monica Pearson can just go home. To be fair there was lots of bad weather in the surrounding Atlanta area.


Anyway, the rain started falling and ground crew came out and covered the infield. I waited a couple of hours but it wasn't letting up. But by the time I finished the Marta ride home, play had resumed. The Braves win in 10 innings, 6 to 5 at 1:30 am. It all good though, I had my beer, pizza and bag of salty peanuts without have to get a co-signer.


I've been watching the show "Life on Mars". Its about a cop, in NY City and he get hit by a car and is transported back to 1973, but he still has 2008-09 memories. I guess it wasn't getting the viewer-ship so ABC was getting ready to pull the plug. Before they did they at least finished the story line. The ending was so lame! The main character, Sam Tyler, is a cop in 2008, gets hit by a car and wakes up in 1973, then wakes up on a space ship on a mission to Mars mission. The people on the mission with him are all the people he interacted with in 1973. It was so lame but I guess it was better then pulling the plug on the show in mid season.

1 Comments:

Blogger winfried said...

Tampa Bay is better than the Braves..!! :0)

14/4/09 5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home