Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Blogging Again

Blogging is so two years ago but here I am again after a long break. Everybody is Twittering or Tweeting. I don't think I can do that, I don't think I have anything that interesting that I have to record my every move, 140 characters at a time.
Currently I'm looking for work. My company is struggling with their bottom line just like everybody else, so unfortunately for me, my position has been cut and I'll be out the door. Not something a 53 year old military veteran is looking forward to.
One thing I've learned, during my job search, is that I need to go back to school to get more looks at my resume. I've been wanting to get more into the Network Support side of the IT Support field, and I kick myself for not seeing this earlier. If I had taken some Network courses, maybe even becoming Cisco Certified, I could have made myself more valuable where I currently work. But that's just human nature, one gets comfortable in doing what they are doing. Once I know where I'm going after the 31 of March, I'll be better able to plan where to get the education I want. I've already checked out a couple of schools, and as soon as my personal planets align, I'll be hitting the books.
I still don't keep up with my blog like some people do, but check back once in a while and I might have something to say.
Funny thing I saw the other day while driving on the Peachtree Industrial Blvd (its in Atlanta). I came up behind a car that was marked "Student Driver" and as I passed the car, the driver was on a cell phone. I guess if you can't stop drivers from talking on cell phones while driving, might as well teach it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home